Monday, October 22, 2007

116) My Second



The other day was my birthday. This is my second birthday in Korea, which feels kinda weird to say. Generally I don’t do much to celebrate, just hang out with some friends, and this one wasn’t too much different (hold the fact it was at a club).

( ^ Amber and Abbey ^ )

( ^ Amber, David, and Abbey ^ )

Amber, who is an old friend of mine from high school just recently came to Korea, and we just started hanging out. So Amber, another American named Abbey and I went out for some calbi in Hongdae. After that we met my friend David at a great joint called Liquid. I know some people at Liquid, and David is good friends with a lot of people there, so we try to go there often. It has a great atmosphere and good music and the owners and workers are wonderful people. So we stayed there for a few hours and drank sangria and ate some snacks, and they brought over Crispy Creams at mid-night (that being officially my birthday).

( ^ Amber, David's brother, and I ^ )

( ^ This one illustrates Amber a little bit...we have no idea who those girls are. ^ )

After Liquid we went to M2, David’s club, and met some other friends there. One of the best parts of the night was my friend Paul. Paul is a friend from college, who just recently got married. He is German, and has been living in Germany since he finished teaching at my college. His wife is also German, (her mother is Korean and father is German), so for their honeymoon they are on a sort of tour of Asia, and stopped in Korea (having family here). They just got in that night and gave me a call and I met him and his wife at 2am at the subway station. We made our way back to the club and had a good time 'till the subs started running again. I didn’t get to spend as much time with him as I would have liked, but it was good to see him anyways, and hopefully we will meet up this week again.

( ^ David and I at Liquid ^ )

*and thanks to Abbey for getting these wonderful pics to me!

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

even though you never mentioned that you met Paul, Billy, Chris and I...that's ok...hope you had a good one!...it's strange celebrating with people you haven't known for too long but also memorable for a long time! hope to see you and your hair soon dude!