Thursday, October 25, 2012

279) Birthdays in Zion


Due to a scheduling fluke I ended up getting my birthday off and headed up to Zion for a hike.  Just like last year, I got up as early as I could (this year earlier than last- perhaps I am ever nearing that old man age when waking up super early is just part of the deal).





And just like last year, the plants were showing anyone fortunate enough to walk by how beautiful they can be.  Especially the maple trees.




I love the narrow, deep, beautiful canyons that are all about Zion.  The light bounces off one wall, changes color, filters through some trees and then hits the opposite wall.  The result is unreal lighting on already stunning scenery.  Walking through the scene is like walking in a dream.










Above and the two below are shots of the same trees.  They were a ghostly yellow/green in a narrow canyon of red.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

breathtaking shots and wonderful places....you're lucky!!!